Wednesday, June 18, 2008

“Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world.” - Unknown




Hey! Today is a special day, it’s Angie’s birthday! Yippee! And I think we all know it’s vital to give your friends shout outs on your blog when important events like birthdays transpire, so with out any further adu here is my . . . .


Top 10 “Pearls of Wisdom” I’ve gained from Angie!

1.There are two relationship paths you can take with guys, the friendship path, or the romantic path, beware the friendship path, for once you’re down that road there’s no crossing over!




2.Anyone can sing Country Music



3.Writing a hit Hip Hop song requires One or more references to your “Shawty”, mentioning something about having “Money in the Bank” followed by several random “Eh’s” and your pretty much guaranteed a number one jam!



4.The less work your straightening iron has to do, the better!



5.Good Mac and Cheese takes patience!



6.You never steal your friends

a) Old boyfriends or love interests




b) Jokes




And




c) Schtick

7.It’s just Kissing!




Disneyland really is the “Happiest Place on Earth”



9.Tube Tops are a privilege not a right!


And last but not least. . . . .





10. Hickeys are for White Trash Carnies!


Now my math could be a little off, but I believe I’ve made mention of Angie in about 90% of the blogs I’ve posted, so if you guys aren’t aware of how much I Heart Angie, then you obviously don’t know me!

At the risk of sounding awkward and making you uncomfortable I will not spout out all the things I love about Angie, but I will say this! I’ve noticed most professional people have a mentor, someone they look up to that teaches them, and councils them, and helps mold them into the person they want to be, I guess you could say that’s Angie for me!

There have been many examples I could share to further my point, but one that sticks out to me is when we where in San Francisco riding the trolley down to Fisherman’s Wharf, and the trolley was so crowded and we where all shmushed together with all these strangers, and Angie starts joking around with the people she was mashed up against and pretty soon before you knew it, she’s got the whole trolley laughing and eating everything she says right up, and I remember thinking. . . . .MAN, I wanna do that!!!!!” Or she’ll be making fun of something on TV and her exact same joke will end up being told by Joel McHale on “The Soup” that week.

She also has an amazing eye for what’s cool, some people can pick up an instrument and just play, some people can throw some ingredients together and make something delicious, and just like those that just naturally have a flair for decorating, Angie’s eyes and ears have a keen sense of being able to pick out what’s awesome, and what isn’t gonna work!

But it isn’t just her entertainment factor that makes her so wonderful, it’s the things she does for her friends and family behind clothes doors that makes me cherish her so much, I can’t tell you how many heart to hearts we’ve had and she’s tried to help me figure out my life, or give me the honest truth when I really needed to hear it! The moments I love the most are the ones when it was just us talking and hanging out!

Angie’s the true friend everyone says you should have! I love her more then my luggage, and hope this next year is full of even more memorable moments!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANG!!!!!!

6 comments:

Angie said...

i wish i was half as cool as you make me sound! thanks em.

Krystin said...

i almost peed my pants when you wrote "clothes doors" instead of closed....

i heart angie too.

Krystin said...

oh and by the way. do you guys remember when creepy john came to singles ward with a ZILLION hickeys on his neck?!?

Kim said...

Great words of wisdom from Ang! Loved your list. :)

Emily Katlyn West said...

Um sometimes I don't understand myself. . . . what's with the retarded mistakes! Clothes instead of closed. . . . I have no words, for I have no clue what I was thinking! Sorry to ruin the mood.

Jenifer said...

You are blessed to have such a great friend! I bet you guys have sooooo much fun together!