Monday, June 30, 2008

"Oh we're going, to the hukilau Huki huki, huki huki, huki hukilau"- Ray Conniff

Last week was the annual "Staff Appreciation Day" at WorkSource for the Employment Security Department, and Marcia Henkle the sight Admin aka My Boss's Boss asked me to head up the party committee, so me and my squad threw together probably the greatest Luau that place has ever seen! Marcia chose the Hawiian theme, and boy that was a good call, because not only did the dollar store have almost an entire luau party section, but my good buddy Matt Boyce had a reception that was Hawiian themed. So, lucky me! Anway here are some shots from the festivities, there's kind of a lot so I hope they are to your liking!








I was pretty proud of how cute the invites turned out, sometimes pictures don't translate that well, but you get the idea. I didn't want to do a regular old flyer like invitation, so I tried something different, and it was a big hit.






Extreme close up!





I put swedish fish inside of these little tiki cups, because I couldn't think of any other candy that might fit the hawiian theme.






Here's the announcement I hung up for the rest of the WorkSource staff, inviting theme to join us for lunch.


Here's the buffet section, which I dubbed the tiki lounge!









We had fried chicken, coleslaw, potatoe and macaroni salad, and what would have been an awesome looking cake, if it hadn't got banged up and all the frosting smeared, Fortunately that wasn't my fault otherwise I'd probably still feel guilty.





So this might look like some little kids left their floaty things out, but it's actually apart of the decor.




Here's our table decorations, props to Tabitha for putting theme together, I really didn't have much of a plan, but she just kinda took some stuff and ran with it. Nice Job Tab!



Tab was also kind enough to hand out lei's, and I made sure everyone knew lei jokes where old and completely un original, so don't even try!




Here's Tabitha and Mary, with Ida peaking through in the back.



This is Mary, Tatyana, and Ida. Utilizing the picture backdrop! We could not keep Tatyana away from that coconut bra!





This is me and Tab the party planning extrodinare's!






And now for the guests, I don't think i'd be able to name everyone in the pictures, so forgive me for not attempting, also some people where not totally down with having their picture taken, so this isn't everyone.






By the looks of it, you'd think someone was giving a toast, could we have more raised glasses in these pictures.






Sharon pictured here in the purple is wearing a Mumu, so I felt the need to capture a shot of her, because other then me, she was probably the most committed to the dress up day.



I got frosting on my arm, I thought I'd capture the moment, because it's such a rare thing me spilling on my self. . . . NOT!!!


You know I always love a dance party! So when the electric slide came on during my special Luau mix and people actually wanted to do it, I was super excited. We actually ended up doing it twice, who knew I worked with so many dancers!



Even Willie joined in on the fun!






The Electric slide is "old hat" for seasoned line dancers like DaLila and Vicki.



We have the entire Business Services Staff, as well as the Big Dog Marcia in on it this round.






Here's Willie again rockin' to his own groove!




These next few shots prove you don't need alcohol to have a good time!





And I think Monica proves that the best!













Velma's really shredding that Ukalele





Here's Belen and Marivel attempting to stay shayded from the sun!





LOBSTER FACE!!!!!









hey Belen?. . . .there's something in your hair. . . .





Looks like Marivel and Carmen found some sweet dance partners!







Please tell me you get this picture? funny right?





Like I said. . . no alcohol necessary!




Oh yeah, I even got people to do the limbo! Thanks Beka for the Limbo stick, that was a hit as well!




Marivel was our limbo champion, unfortunately she had to go to the doctor the next day because her back was killing her! Way to sacrifice for the team!



I found a cool game online called "Tacky Tourist" that I had us play, and this is how you do it.


You line up several different touristy themed items, mine where


a grass skirt


coconut/sea shell bra


sea shell necklace


Shovel and pail


goggles


and a snorkel with a shark fin on it!


split into two teams and each member has to go to each station and put on every item, run to the picture backdrop take a picture, run back put all the items back in order and tag the next team mate, and the first to complete the task, wins! Here's the pics from that game, I think they turned out nicely!











Marivel was the first one, she was quick!






followed by Belen









Here's Tatyana again in her favorite bra!






we almost missed Irene she was so fast!








Steve and Willie where tied almost the whole way!







And if Willie wouldn't have taken his dear sweet time getting back, it woul be me in this spot instead of Monica!






Who's the big loser. . . . it's me!






These are the nifty paper weights we got, as a gift from the state for all our hard work this last year!










Here's all the staff from ESD






And then of course everyone else, minus Tabitha who was kind enough to take the picture!






I couldn't have been more happy with how the party turned out, everyone told me they had a great time, and told me I have to come back next year and do that for them again!I totally would to because it was so much fun to put together, and I couldn't have done it without Tab of course, or Debi and Vicki who helped blow all that stuff up, and of course much thanks to Betty for taking care of the food. Also as I mentioned before here's to Beka for loaning me some of her luau stuff, as well as Sara Boyce for the leftovers from Matt's reception, It helps to know people that's for sure!


Peace Out!

7 comments:

Krystin said...

HOW FUN!!!

Jenifer said...

You are in the wrong line of work, you need to be a party or event planner. You are fabulous! You must make everything fun!

Carolyn said...

When I first started reading, this, I thoguht of The Office parties that they have. But, yours looks like it turned out great! I totally want to have a luau!

Angie said...

man you totally Popped the Lobster on that one!

The Mechams said...

my question is...do people at your office work, sounds like its a party everyday. But probably only so since you work there now! What would they do with out you

Unknown said...

Every where you go, the party follows! Sharon in the purple happens to be my Aunt Sharon...small world!

Anonymous said...

Thanks in support of sharing such a nice opinion, post is
fastidious, thats why i have read it completely

My site :: Binoa Review