Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"When God Closes A Door, He Opens a Window"- My Nana's Coffee Mug

Ok So I have good news and bad news!



First the bad news. . . . .



After much thought I have decided to postpone auditioning for American Idol this year because I am simply not ready, and when I go I want to knock em dead, and for over a year now I haven't been nearly as diligent about practicing as I used to be, and therefore my voice isn't where it should be. It's something I seriously want to do and a dream I've had for a while now, I want to make sure I'm on the top of my game, and right now I'm no where close! So I hear they offer a few music classes at Big Bend so this September when I go back to school I'm hoping to get in on that and hopefully make some improvements! And then next year it's on like Donkey Kong!



The Good News is after much proding by my Mother, a life chat with Angie and of course the comments left on my blog when I brought it up. I spoke with Dale Roth and got my foot in the door with KDRM/KBSN, the radio station here in town, and they offered to let me do an Internship with them this Summer. Right now they mainly have me training to do Remotes (That I get paid for!) which are just live broadcasts from various functions or businesses. So I can help take the load off there and free up the main DJ's (Jim Davis, Bill Ecret, and Dale) so they can do their side projects. I started doing the tracking for my own "Show" last week and that airs Sunday 6-8AM. I know what your thinking, who listens to KDRM that early in the morning on a Sunday, well no one I know, but hey You gotta start somewhere!

After my contract is up with AmeriCorps the end of August, then I will be working pretty close to full time (I'm told) at the Station and going to school to finish up my AA. It's gonna be a sad day leaving WorkSource, because I've had so much fun here, but I'm really excited to be moving on to something bigger, and possibly more fun!



I'm still in the beginning stages, but so far they've given me a lot of positive feedback. But, Let me tell ya, you'd think it would be totally easy to just talk, but it took me 45 minutes to cut a 30 sec. commercial a couple weeks ago. . . .ridiculous right? I'm also feeling a little nervous about how my personality comes across the air way but I suppose all of that will work out with time.



Anyway, I'm feeling a little less like a loser these days and I was recently told I'm ousted from my spot as the friend with the most pathetic life, a title I've held strong for about 2 or 3 years now! As much as I'd like to fight for my title back, I must say it does feel a little better actually working towards achieving a dream or you know whatever. So even though I've put a hold on one aspiration, it's full speed ahead on another!


Here's a few shots of me at my new Job!!!


I haven't come up with a snazzy radio personality name yet, it might be a little too soon.

























I'm not 100% in love with these head phones, they kinda flatten my hair! Which is never good!




























This is me Pretending I know how to run this mixer. . . . .we haven't gotten that far yet!




















Peace!

7 comments:

Jenifer said...

Congrats on the internship! How exciting! From what I know of you, I bet you would be so much fun to listen to on the radio!

Carolyn said...

Oh Emily. I suppose I can wait one more year to vote for you as the next American Idol. But, the year after....it's SO you.

And...that is SUPER exciting about your internship at KDRM! If and when I'm in ML, I am so gonna wake up early to listen to you on the air. You go girl!

Katie said...

I am SO PROUD of you!!! Go, EM! Is there a way to get a tape of your broadcasts, since I am across the country?

Unknown said...

Im up at 6! Well Maddax is, so there4 I am too :) I am so excited for you Emily, there is no doubt you are going to catch on quick.

When you come up with a couple of DJ names, you should have a poll so we can vote! Love it!!! And then choose your favorite anyway of course :)

Crisdee said...

darn...! you are going to be famous! well, more famous! hehe, You go girl! I'm so proud of you, you'll do great!!!

Portia, Jake, Conner, & Jaden said...

Wow Emily that is sooooooo exciting...your famous....i mean for ml that is famous...can I get your autograph? I am so happy for you! Congrats!!!And I am holding it to u I want to see you next year win AI!!!!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Woo-hoo! You go girl! I might just turn my radio on at 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning to check it out!