Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." ~Voltaire


It's probably not a shock to any of you that I like food, so naturally my favorite part of the fair is the many tasty treats they offer that make my belly do the happy dance!




These are a few staples in my fair time diet




Funnel Cakes and Indian Tacos (not pictured)



SPACEBURGERS!!!!


True story I actually really hated these all growing up, but now I love them. For those that don't know a Spaceburger is a lovely concoction of hamburger, lettuce and special sauce (thousand island and relish I'm pretty sure, but shhhh it's a secret) sandwiched together in the shape of a UFO. These delightful snacks have been a staple of the fair for years, and has become one of the things looked forward to most by fair goers.



And my new found favorite Fruit Kabobs


Honorable mention goes too Thelma's Frozen Lemonade a delight on those horribly hot days, and you know I always fancy a Elephant ear when the budget permits (because after the Indian taco I can't stomach paying another eight dollars), I tried a deep fried Snickers bar, which to me always sounded disgusting, and would clog my arteries just thinking about it, but I gave it a go and was in deep fried heaven! I told myself I needed to eat nothing but salad for a month after consuming that, but totally worth it! And this year Gwen and I discovered Tater Dogs which is a sausage dog with a loaded potato as the bun, I was quite fond and thought that (along with the snickers bar) was completely brilliant and officially added that to my favorite list as well. . . . . there's just so much, I could go on and on.


Thursday Morning Tabitha and I where signed up to volunteer at the "Fruit Barn" concession stand. North Columbia Community Action Council sponsors this place and all proceeds went to their "Angel Fund" that helps provide necessities for low to no income families and helps them get their feet on the ground.



Any who Tabitha and I spent 4 hours making smoothies and takin' orders, and it was really fun, plus I was really jazzed about getting out of my cubicle for bit!



Here's Tab mastering the art of "Whip Cream on Top"



Let me tell ya, makin' those Smoothies and Jet Tea Concoctions where a breeze with this handy machine!





At the Fruit Barn we take our sanitation seriously!

And here's another happy customer! (Actually this is my friend Rachel from grade school, so she has to be happy)



Here's some action shots of how you make a fruit Kabob, just in case it's hard for you to figure out! This was the highlight of my concession stand experience, getting to sample the merchandise!





I know it's over priced and ridiculously unhealthy, but nothing sends me into a Euphoric state quite like fair food. . . . .would you disagree? I didn't think so!

Diet starts Monday!! Hee Hee

Peace Out!

5 comments:

Katie said...

OH! My little heart yearns for these foods!

Gwen Stoker said...

maybe its a conflict of interests seeing as you worked at the "fruit barn", but you forgot to mention my newfound love-the hawaiian smoothie booth! complete with festive umbrella!

T.Allen said...

That fruit kabob looks amazing-stop by my blog for Take5 Tuesday and a little something extra!

Ty Robbins said...

So, I'm sorta jealous that you worked in the Fruit Barn. Those treats look utterly delicious! I'm feeling the need to make my very own fruit kabob and a smoothie. P.S. Rachel comes into our Chiro. office so I immediately recognized her. She's quite happy!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE fair food. I was home visiting and didn't have much extra, unplanned time, but we did take a little trip to the fair. I had to get my fill of spaceburgers in. Oh, they didn't fail me either!!