Wednesday, May 13, 2009

“Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did”- George Carlin

First things first before we get started here I would like one and all to know that the pictures on this blog are all pictures I stole off of Angie's blog to scrounge up this little number, (so all credit goes to her and her camera that is almost always more accessible then mine and takes way better pictures!)








moving on!






Here's the question I get asked on a daily basis


Hey Emily, What's going on?

or

Hey Emily, What's New?



And presently I feel like there's so much, and yet nothing really that's "Going On"





I've sat and contemplated the last few weeks about whether or not my life is really exciting right now, and the general consensus in my mind is no!




Don't get me wrong, I am content, and I'll tell you why. . . . . . first of all




I live with the cutest baby in the whole world!
























I think I'm starting to rub off on her!
















Seriously I've become "That Person" that shows you pictures of their kids only it's even worse because she's not even mine! I'm always like. . . .have you seen my roommates baby? (Shove my phone in your face) isn't she the cutest thing in the world? I realize it's probably annoying, but I can't help it, I need people to understand that we are not dealing with a normal baby here! And when I come home she's so excited to see me, she gives me the biggest smiles, and I just love her to pieces!





and Qiana's Mommy is not too shabby to have around either!





Here's some super fun things Angie and I have done the last few months.

a major one was Easter


We got each other Easter Baskets, and well lets just say it was the best idea ever!













Angie is the biggest Twilight fan in the universe (psych) so naturally when I saw these Twilight candies I was like I gotta get her those, that's just too funny! I mean twilight themed conversation hearts, BRILLIANT! Then I scoped around a little more and saw that Hastings had a Jack Bauer action figure complete with a cell phone that gets reception anywhere and interchangeable hands just in case he needs to punch someone real bad! It was a must buy because until someone finds a Tupac doll for Angie's collection I think Biggie smalls is getting a little lonesome, (yes Angie has a Notorious BIG doll) Anyway, Walmart also made things easy by color coding their candy aisle, so Angie got all her favorite Easter treats in her favorite color Orange!




















Please excuse my haggard appearance in these photos, we had play practice pretty late the night before and so I ended up sleeping in my make-up, and Angie woke me up the next morning and I didn't have any time to primp before pictures where taken, so excuse my bed hair, and crazy face!















But like Angie usually does, she totally topped me, because not only did she get me this amazing Easter dress! (It's even better ironed) but. . . . . .













She also got me a SNUGGIE!!!! Jealous? You should be, I mocked. . . Oh you best believe I mocked, but I am a Snuggie convert people! It is glorious and next to Angie's Easter Basket exchange, it's the 2nd best idea EVER!!!! Let me know if you wanna try it out, it will change your life!




We hit up the Tulip Festival again this year, and except for the crazy long line to get ice cream this time around everything was awesome as usual!



Michelle and I managed to make spectacles of ourselves for example. . .this shot,
started off OK. . . .

and then this happened!
Humpty dumpty had a great fall!
Then Angie attempted to capture Michelle and I frolicking through the Garden. . . came out great don't you think? wink wink

The Tulip Festival is a great place for Senior Portraits, all that's missing is my Letterman's jacket tossed over my shoulder!






Then just last week, Kyle Noyes aka Gaston from the play offered me free tickets to see Spamalot, so off to Spokane Angie and I went and once again had the best time, we saw that musical a few years ago, and so it was nice to see it again, and be reminded of how funny it was!





And just like every trip we take does we had ourselves a great meal, we hit up the Old Spaghetti factory and man was it delightful!





So, all in all I'm very happy to be where I am! There's is not much new in my life, but I'm doing fun things with people I love and care about, I'm working, I'm learning, and that's all I can ask for! So if you don't know, now you know!


Peace Out!




2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad you love qiana so much because she is definitely a super fan of you. The minute she hears you come in the door her head spens around and waits for the minute she sees you. You make her life happy..you make us all happy. Thanks for all the great memories.

Jenifer said...

Now you can play backgammon and go to the game and stay warm! (I'm thinking about getting one for church, they keep us at sub-zero) And just so you know, I looked them up on Amazon this winter and they were all sold out! So enjoy!
And I have little girls and qiana is still in my top 5 cutest little girls ever.