Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs." –Miss Piggy

Ah Love songs. . . . .there's just something about them that makes the world all right! Whether your in love or, want to be in love , or you're trying to hide the fact that you want to be in love, a good love song really penetrates the soul!

Valentine's day is the day to solute all those songs that make you feel all googly eyed and weak in the knees!



Well today's blog will do no such thing!. . . . . here's a list of songs I will be listening to this Saturday, as I sit in my pj's with bon bons in one hand and a box of Kleenex in the other, staring out the window wishing for a delivery from a secret admirer. . . .




You ever come across a song and think that song was totally written for me, this first little diddy is a primo example of that!

Somebody To Love, Queen




Freddy Mercury knew a thing or two about loneliness!


This next little lady is also one that has loved and lost and is someone I believe is a master at turning pain into a techno dance hit! This is just one of many!

Song For the Lonely, Cher







Love Hurts, Nazareth



This song makes me wanna eat some cookie dough. . . .you know what I'm talking about?



It's really the gospel choir that puts this one over the edge for me!


I Wanna Know What Love Is, Foreigner








Nothing much I can say about this other then it is sheer sad song perfection, executed by two of the greatest artists of our time!




You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond








I know what you are thinking. . . .cue the Debbie Downer music why don't ya! But here's the deal kiddo's. . . as a singleton it is my duty to put a frown on my face and say Ew. . . yuck, I hate love! I'm sure I'll like it when I've got it. . . but until then it's Negative Nancy folks!


You know what makes me feel loads better though. . . .this minus the zombie dance






Peace Out!!!!

6 comments:

T.Allen said...

Oh no! Have you no fellow singletons to paint the town with in lieu of the solitary scoffing of bon bons?

Find some singletons, break out the blender and have an anti-valentine's karaoke jamboree! Go on-do it, it'll be fun!

Piper said...

GEEZ! How depressing! Don't give into it girl! Just wear black on VD day and get out there and celebrate! Being single is great too!

Emily Katlyn West said...

So You know how sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate very well without inflection and tone. . . I'm sorry to sound so depressing, I'm not really that bent out of shape, I was just being dramatic. . . maybe I should re-work this post so you all don't think I'm gonna kill myself!


and PS I have plans on Valentines' day I just didn't mention because I will be blogging about it later!

Gwen Stoker said...

Um...EMILY!!! you must tell me about your Valentine's Day plans!!! Do they involve a person of the male persuasion??? You don't bring me flowers-because I love Neil-and Love Hurts are tied for my two favorites!!!

Angie said...

don't worry folks if she tries to end it all I'll be there to blog about it. just kidding.

Lani said...

LOL, I am sorry! I don't find you depressing, I find you completely Crazy! LOL You Rock girl!