Monday, June 1, 2009

"Playin' Playin' with the Boys"- Kenny Loggins

I'm not a rough housing, get out there and play dirty with the boys kind of gal, I don't have any brothers, and my Father probably knew from the start I was lacking in hand eye coordination so he didn't bother much showing me how to throw a ball or anything like that, I'm a straight up Girl's girl, I love make-up and dresses and boy bands and romance. I don't enjoy climbing (obviously) or jumping off of things, and I'm completely useless at strategies, so normally boy activities are completly lost on me, but in my quest for adventure and exciting things to talk and or blog about I have attempted to broaden my horizons.



a couple weeks ago ASB had a paint balling event, I tried it, HATED IT, and now I know!


Paintballing hurts my darlings and I'm not a big fan of recreation that is painful! Here's some shots of that. . . .





Kayla Chamberlain and I. . . . intimidating aren't we?





Protective mask hair's the worst!



Then just this last Friday I went camping with some of my peeps, and I actually enjoyed this particular activity,mainly because my good buddy Kelly Hodges let me sleep on his cot. . . .
We hit up Quincy Lakes around 8:30-9ish, we were only there for one night, but it was a memorable one I'll tell ya that much! My Quincy boys Adam Ottley and of course Mr. Hodges are out doorsman to say the least (there really isn't much else to offer in Quincy, so you have to take advantage of your surroundings!) Anyway they cooked us a sweet Dutch Oven meal, laid out a trap for us to sleep on and kept the fire blazing, so we sat around asking questions from my IF book for a few hours and got to know each other better, we also roasted smores and Starbursts, and then we attempted to sleep, some of us were more successful then others!
As usual here are some pics

Whitney Smith and Dana Bates, I think this was a great angle to shoot from don't you?

pictured here Aahliyah and Brian. . . . pretending to be asleep!






Adam and Kelly a little late night snuggle (yeah it's true what they say about Quincy Boys)





Here's a little shot of me on my cot, safe from everything except cougars and mosquitoes, and speaking of mosquito's there was a lot of them and they where huge and noisy, and either we doused ourselves with sugar water or they where immune to bug spray because we where all covered with bites, as you will see later!








This is what happens when Kelly gets a hold of your camera!









The last time I had looked at my phone that night it was a little after 2 o'clock in the morning, and when I woke up it was a little after four, it was those friggin' mosquito's they kept me up all night!

Lucky for me though I didn't encounter these man eating ants!


Not everyone was as ready for the day as I was around 4:30 A.M.



Adam, who works graveyard security at Microsoft hadn't slept that night at all either so he got the fire going once more, even though we really didn't need it, but it was a nice thought though!





























The scenery was gorgeous, proving that even a dessert Oasis can be pretty!


















Me looking extra fly like usual in the mornings!




A group shot right before we left! Aren't we a lovely bunch!


Mr. Ottley is too sexy, too sexy!




and this concludes my blog about boy stuff I normally don't do!
Peace out!






























6 comments:

Piper said...

Ha! You are brave!! One look at that big ant and I would have been outta there! Hmmmm... roasted Starbursts? Interesting!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Emily! I'm loving the paint balling gear! :) I think I only tried that sport once myself, and said "GOOD RIDDANCE" when I was done. I guess I fall under the "girly girl" more now than I did back in the day. :)

Love Nichole

Gwen Stoker said...

wow!! Em I am IMPRESSED to say the least!!!!!!!! Emily West. Camper. Yes, it's true. Wish I was there...except for the mosquito bites..I think thats the same lake where I got bit by that west nile mosquito...

Stacie said...

Awww - I always think the desert oasis is beautiful. :) Come out to visit me on the East Coast and I'll take you bouldering or kayaking or something outdoorsy, and then we can wear skirts and dresses and I'll host a tea party after. :)

menna said...

تاتش
تركيب كربستون الشارقة
تركيب كربستون ارصفة بالشارقة
معلم تركيب كربستون بالشارقة
معلم تركيب بردورة الشارقة
مقاول بردوات في الشارقة
سعر تركيب كربستون في الشارقة
تركيب انترلوك الشارقة
بلاط متداخل في الشارقة
تركيب انترلوك متداخل في الشارقة
افضل مقاول انترلوك في الشارقة
رقم معلم تركيب انترلوك بالشارقة
انترلوك رخيص في الامارات
تركيب طابوق الشارقة
شركة تركيب طابوق الشارقة
افضل معلم طابوق بالشارقة
تركيب طابوق زجاجي في الشارقة
تركيب طوب حراري بالشارقة
رقم معلم طابوق جيري بالشارقة
اسعار تركيب طابوق الشارقة
تركيب طابوق جيري في الشارقة
تكسية واجهات مباني بالشارقة
عزل اسطح الشارقة
وتر بروف بالشارقة
شركات عزل مائي في الشارقة
شركات العزل المائي في الامارات
شركات العزل الحراري في الامارات
مقاول عزل الشارقة

menna said...

شركة تعقيم في دبى
شركات تعقيم المنازل في دبى